If you are a journalist, blogger or someone else looking for an autism expert or someone autistic to comment on a story, or are looking for an autism expert or someone autistic to hold a talk or training course in the UK Dan Jones can help. Dan isn’t just an autism expert with over 20 years professional experience working with children, families and training professionals, but he is also autistic and focused on empowering change.
Dan Jones is an expert in therapeutic storytelling, mind-body healing, autism and hypnosis. He is a successful YouTuber, content creator and digital influencer empowering change.
Dan Jones has:
- Self-published over 30 books and ebooks, selling over 150,000 copies
- Had three number one bestselling books
- Over 80,000 students who have taken his eCourses
- Had over 2,000,000 downloads and streams of his self-hypnosis and sleep meditation bedtime stories
- Appeared on BBC radio, Sky News, and in local, national and international press including the Daily Telegraph, Sunday Mirror and Reader’s Digest
- Over 10,000,000 views on YouTube and is approaching 100,000 subscribers
Autistic Autism Expert for Media Hire
If you are looking for an autism expert for radio, TV, or print media interviews, or to hire as a motivational or guest speaker or trainer, contact Dan Jones via his management.
Dan is author of bestselling autism autobiography Look Into My Eyes and has also written Asperger’s Syndrome: Tips & Strategies and An Autistic Perspective: Death, Dying and Loss. He has over 20 years experience working with children, teens and families, many of whom are autistic, and autistic himself and was diagnosed as an adult, so he can talk about his personal perspective of what is helpful, what isn’t, discrimination, and challenges etc…
Dan Jones is autistic and an expert on hypnosis with over 20 years experience, he is a best-selling author* having sold over 150,000 books, with his Asperger’s autobiography Look Into My Eyes about his personal and professional experiences with autism reaching number one in Developmental Psychology, Living With Disabilities Biographies, and Psychology Biographies on Amazon.co.uk, and number 30 in all biographies on UK Amazon. Dan Jones’ self-hypnosis and sleep meditation mp3’s have been streamed and downloaded over 2,000,000 times and his YouTube videos have had over 10 million views.
If you are looking for an autism expert for media hire, Dan Jones is available for radio, TV, print, and other media interviews and work. His main focuses are hypnosis, stress and anxiety, sleep, parenting and autism. Dan has extensive knowledge around parenting skills and autism spectrum disorder (not only does Dan have professional experience working with autistic children, teens and adults and their carers, but Dan is autistic himself).
Dan has written for the Daily Telegraph about ‘How I Use Hypnosis To Cope With Asperger’s Syndrome‘ and his wife wrote an article for the Sunday Mirror about her experiences being in a long-term relationship with someone autistic ‘What’s It Like To Be Married To A Man With Asperger’s Syndrome?‘ and Dan had a five-part BBC radio interview about living with autism (listen to each part here: part one, part two, part three, part four, part five), and has appeared on Sky News talking about discrimination and raising autism awareness.
Dan Jones is available to hire for talks, workshops and seminars. Topics he can cover include:
- The World through the lens of Asperger’s
- Asperger’s in the workplace – tackling discrimination and creating an autism friendly environment
- Pro’s and Con’s of being autistic
- What hypnosis and meditation can teach to autistic people
- Your child has autism – what next?
- Autism and relationships
- Finding the positives in adversity
- Learning hypnosis to increase confidence
Dan Jones Background
Dan Jones has worked therapeutically with a wide range of client groups since 1997. Between 1997 and 2000 he worked with adults with mental health problems (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc) within a residential setting. He worked with young children and teenagers (including children and teens diagnosed with conditions like ADHD and Autism) in residential children’s homes between 2000 and 2005 including helping to set up a therapeutic children’s home (involved in staff training and writing many of the companies policies and procedures, linking them with The Children’s Act and National Minimum Care Standards, and between 2007 and 2015 he worked extensively with parents and families including looking at the efficacy of using a Human Givens Approach to supporting parents to reduce their teens youth offending and anti-social behaviour. He has worked closely with and trained Social Workers, Troubled Families Workers, Family Link Workers, Family Intervention Project Workers, Parenting Support Workers, Family Resource Team Workers and Children’s Homes Staff. Dan focused heavily over these years on teaching and developing a programme (which he taught to other staff to be trainers of the programme and ran the programme with families) about teen to parent violence which is a rarely discussed yet common issue, and has trained staff in a variety of settings about managing challenging behaviour and conflict, breakaway techniques and stress management as well as holding classes for parents and families around parenting techniques and family relationships.
Dan Jones has worked with the Youth Offending Service offering parenting support, Family Intervention Project offering support to families and managing a team of family support staff, and with a Troubled Families Team offering support to families and managing a team of family support staff, as well as offering training to charity organisation’s family support staff.
Dan Jones has written many books on hypnosis and therapy including two books on family support Human Givens Approach to Working with Parents of Challenging Teens which is aimed at professionals working with parents and families, and Parenting Techniques That Work which is a short direct book getting to the point about what is most likely to work when parenting children and teenagers with challenging behaviour, ADHD and autism. The book covered strategies for getting children to fall asleep at night, teaching his sleep story telling technique and other sleep techniques Dan developed over the years working in children’s homes and with families, boundary setting, managing anger, and a number of other key issues. He has also written books of stories to help children fall asleep and relax.
Being autistic gives Dan a unique perspective on social communication and his work with families and understanding the autistic mind.
Dan has been interviewed a number of times for audio interviews and interviews for websites, newspapers, magazines and journals.
Articles Dan has contributed to, and written:
- ‘The Human Givens Journal‘ article about using a human givens approach within social work to support parents and families
- Paradoxical Parenting Skills – Uncommon Knowledge Guest Article
- Emotional Needs All Parents Need To Know About – Uncommon Knowledge Guest Article
- Keeping Therapy On Track With Parents & Families – Uncommon Knowledge Guest Article
- University College Northampton Article – The Importance of Fulfilling Staff Needs In Children’s Homes
- Mother & Baby article about ‘How to Find The Right Games and Activities For Autistic Children‘
- Reader’s Digest article ‘12 Things You Should Never, Ever Say to an Autism Parent‘
- ‘An Aspie Son’s Relationship With His Terminally Ill Father‘ – Bloomin’ Brilliant Books Guest Article
- Female First Guest Article ‘7 Things You Need To Know About Dating Someone With Autism‘
- ‘Writing About My Experiences With Autism To Help Myself And Others‘ Frost Magazine Guest Article
- ‘Man with Asperger’s Pens Book To Help Parents & Carers Of Children With The Condition‘ The Argus Newspaper
- ‘Asperger’s Sufferer Writes Book To Help Children Get To Sleep‘ The Argus Newspaper
- ‘Dan Draws On His Own Experiences For New Autism Book‘ Chichester Observer (and other linked newspapers)
- Interviewed to comment on Big Brother (TV Show) in an article for The Express newspaper
- Interviewed to comment on Big Brother (TV Show in Israel) for Rating Magazine. I had to watch some of the footage & share my views. This is an English translation of the article I shared on my Facebook page
Various audio interviews: here is an interview with Mark Tyrrell from Uncommon Knowledge about my experiences being autistic, and an interview with Adam Eason from Hypnosis Weekly where I discuss hypnosis and autism, an interview with Antonio Perez from Hawaii Hypnosis, and written interviews and book reviews: Author spotlight with Autism Mom about why I wrote my book Look Into My Eyes, JD Editorial’s book review of ‘Look Into My Eyes’, One Autism Mom’s Notes book review of ‘Look Into My Eyes’.
Hypnosis is Dan Jones main passion, his mission is to demystify and advance the field of hypnosis and help hypnosis go mainstream and gain the acceptance it deserves.
Dan Jones set up the Sussex Hypnotherapy Centre in 2002 offering one to one hypnotherapy. By 2004 he was offering training in traditional hypnosis and indirect ‘covert’ conversational hypnosis based primarily on the works of Milton H Erickson MD.
By 2007 Dan was offering unique training and personal development courses and a diploma course, quickly these spread internationally and were also being held on-line as live interactive webinars. Dan was also offering Hypnotherapy via his Playstation 3 on Playstation Home using an avatar (virtual version of himself) and had been offering telephone therapy, but as internet speeds and connections increased he started to offer on-line hypnotic therapy via email, audio and video calls. As technology progressed, Dan also progressed, he created PsyEnTech (Psychological Enhancement Technologies) where he offered streaming webinars before the term had really become known or popular, he has created hundreds of hours of self-help products, written over 30 books and made hundreds of hours of videos for self-help and training. Dan Jones is highly knowledgeable on the works of Milton H Erickson MD and has an extensive library of Erickson’s works, his students works, and therapeutic approaches based on aspects of Erickson’s work.
Dan Jones has written a number of books on Hypnotherapy including Hypnotherapy Revealed: Introduction to Hypnotherapy, Hypnotherapy Revealed: The Ericksonian Approach and Hypnotherapy Revealed: Hypnotherapy Trance Scripts and contributed a chapter to the third edition of Professor Ursula James book Clinical Hypnosis Textbook.
Dan Jones has also created two Hypnotherapy tools Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Training Tool which is essentially a client profile generator so that students can practice how they would treat a range of random clients, and Hypnotherapy Script Creator which is a tool that allows a hypnotherapist to tick from a selection of options what comments best match their client and they then get a hypnotherapy script and treatment plan created tailored to the options they selected.
*’Advanced Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Scripts’ book (paperback and Kindle versions) has been Amazon.co.uk number one best-seller in the categories of Hypnosis and of Hypnotherapy on many occasions.